Medical Technology Group (MTG)
This is a healthcare profession which relates with the medical laboratory tests of blood, urine, stool and other body fluids to analyses and diagnosis a disease. MLT is a proper certified and licensed holding profession that means if someone has no license or degree for being a MLT cannot obtain a job at any hospital, laboratory or institute.
Till some years back, we did not see much scope and demand of this field. With passage of time, the global health care system realized need for specialized practice in handling medical laboratory procedures and scientifically assessing the results. Covid pandemic further exacerbated the need for specialized laboratory technicians which has now brought the field in much demand.
The field offers lucrative career and economic opportunities in Pakistan in addition to global possibilities. Currently, government does not allow any medical laboratory to operate till it has employed a minimum number of qualified medical technologists. Hence, successful completion of academic program; offers satisfactory employment opportunities.
It a two years year’s degree program which has following sub-specialties to offer:
- a. Medical Lab Technology Group
- b. Dental Hygiene Technology Group
- c. Operation Theater Technology Group
- d. Physiotherapy Technology Group
- e. Ophthalmic Technology Group
- i. To impart latest academic knowledge and give satisfactory hands-on experience to students to help them become useful team members of national health care system.
- ii. To make them competitive in global employment market.
- iii. Help them understand professional work ethics.
- iv. Make them useful citizens.